Cross-Posted from Other Journal
I don’t normally do this, but… you’ll see:
1. I sliced part of my thumb/nail off. While it’s not so dire as to need real medical attention (it’s a shallow gash), it hurts like a mofo, and the plastering makes it rather difficult to type.
2. I… or it… blah. My PC had a bit of a fatal sound-dying flaw. Like, LotRO kept crashing and giving me both graphics and sound errors, so I figured I’d go ahead and update the drivers. Apparently, that was fine with the video, but not with the audio. It took moving the audio card to another slot (’cause the bios wouldn’t let me activate the onboard sound for some reason?) and re-installing all the drivers from scratch, but it worked out in the end. Suffices to say that
3. I didn’t make it to the other side of the Nimrodel in Lothlorien. Hours of precious (preeecious) game time went towards fixing the audio problem. Which I’m glad is sorted and my PC is all dusted out again, but still…
4. And why is it that no matter how often you dust out a PC, it ends up a Bunny Farm in no time flat? So vexing…
5. That’s about it for today, and gonna recycle this too. It is really ridiculously uncomfortable to type, so… hopefully tomorrow will be better!
6. If you play KoL or have ever played KoL, do not click the link in the email that claims to be from Jick. It is nasty-ass malware (ransomware, it’s being claimed in the forums), and they’re working on figuring out from whence it came and what the best course of action will be. If you are concerned about passwords (as in, your KoL password is the same as your password elsewhere), then change the password elsewhere for the time being… but for the most part, don’t panic, and don’t click! I’m pretty sure the KoL password encryption is fairly solid, so my fingers are crossed that will be a non-issue once they figure things out.
It is my sincerest hope to be back in action tomorrow, but we’ll see… heh.
Cross-Posted from Other Journal — No Comments